This weekend has been a fun one!
I woke up on saturday to this view:
Nacho was completely excited to go for a walk:
Nacho is a veyr picky walker. He hates walking in rain and snow so I had to pick him up and carry him over to trees in order for him to do his business…fun times.
I decided to treadmill it for my Saturday long run and head to the gym. I was curious to see how this little baby worked out for me:
I did 12 miles and I felt good with the wrap! I hate doing long runs on the treadmill…this was only my second attempt but it went pretty well. I was happy to come home and have Kevin make me breakfast. He made me a sandwich on a wheat thin with egg beaters, mozzarella and applewood bacon…yum!
The rest of saturday was filled with being a lump on the couch and watching tv…loves it.
Sunday we decided was dedicated to football playoffs and trying out recipes for Super Bowl Sunday. We made homemade pigs in a blanket:
We also tried out a coconut shrimp recipe that we found off allrecipes.com:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- 3 cups oil for frying
- In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer.
- Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
So. Freakin. Good. thats all I have to say…this will be an absolute winner for superbowl sunday!
I love weekends that involve alot of food and relaxation…yay! I also hope that my runs this week will be awesome.
Any awesome recipes that youve tried out recently?
How was your weekend?
What is your favorite way to relax?