So what have I learned my first few days of biking?
- I woke up at 2 am Tuesday feeling like someone ran me over with a truck. Suffice to say, cycling affects me much differently then running. When i’m running, I feel automatically exhausted. When i’m cycling, I dont feel it until way after the workout. I give MAD props to serious cyclers
- Its scary driving with traffic. Feels like i’m putting an awful lot of trust in NJ drivers, which isnt comforting. A lot of drivers want to run you off the road!
- Even if you dont feel hungry or thirsty on the bike, if you are riding for a decent time, force yourself. I made the mistake of not drinking that much during my initial cycling and felt mad dehydrated the second I got off the bike.
- Its absolutely not easy riding your bike in the wind. It makes you feel like your ride is 10x harder.
- Contacts and riding don’t mix that well. I tend to look like i’m on something by the time i’m done with my ride because my eyes are bloodshot from the wind. This makes things particularly interesting when I come back from riding on my lunch break 😉
- You need a super pair of biking shorts if you are riding more then an hour. My lady parts are still in recovery mode.
- I totally love cycling!
It’s been a blast the past couple of days and I don’t feel as depressed about not running…it finally feels like things are going to be just fine. My ankle felt slightly sore yesterday but quickly disappeared. Yesterdays workout included 25 minutes on the stairmaster and 35 minutes on the elliptical. I’ve been trying hard to eat a little healthier…which works out meal-wise but I need to somehow keep my fingers out of BOTH my easter baskets. (Thank you Kevin, my love) 😉
Yesterdays dinner was a weird mix but I enjoyed it…baby spinach with carrots, goat cheese crumbles, croutons and baked tilapia in a cajun rub…drizzled with low fat Catalina dressing:
I was so beat from my workout on Monday that I went through Tuesday feeling pretty beat. Lets just say I fell asleep before 8 pm…party animal in the house, you know it!
I felt better waking up this morning…felt pretty well rested. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the arcclimber. My ankle felt not a bit of soreness today. I’m thinking i’ll be pretty ok to run soon if things keep going this way. 1 week of running off and its feeling infinitely better. 🙂
I also biked 10 miles on my lunch break…it was significantly less windier and it was a really nice ride:
I wish you could tell how red my left eye is. Must. get. sunglasses!
I was really excited for dinner and a movie with Kev…we were going to a nearby diner and I wanted my favorite spinach salad (with grilled chicken, bacon crumbles, sundried tomatoes, hard boiled egg and honey mustard on the side)…it came out looking really delicious:
Ahem, and then I realized that the chicken wasnt cooked all the way through…unfortunately I ate some of it without noticing at first, so my stomach has been off ever since 😦 We didnt make a huge deal out of it to the waiter but I’m traumatized and dont think i’ll be ordering any diner grilled chicken for a while…
Kevins was fully cooked and delicious:
I talked him into the huevos rancheros since it sounded up his alley…he enjoyed it 🙂
We headed to see American Reunion afterwards…I stole some of the sour patch kids bunnies that were in my Easter basket to bring along:
Maybe a box of snocaps was shared as well…just maybe. Kevin is more generous then I am 😉
I havent decided what my workout will be tomorrow but i’m thinking some sort of cycling will be had…maybe a repeat of today? Game-time decision.
Halfway through the week, almost there!
Have you ever gotten sick off restaurant food?
Seen any good movies lately?
Favorite candy to have during the movies?